Grammar 5 Student Book (in Print Letters)
by Christopher Jolly, Sue Lloyd, Sara Wernham · Jolly Learning
Designed to follow on from the Jolly Phonics Student Books 1, 2 and 3, the Grammar Student Books builds on the skills taught in Jolly Phonics, and introduces grammar and spelling rules to improve writing and reading comprehension.
Children are able to work through the Grammar 5 Student book and complete a wide variety of engaging activities, which develop grammar, spelling, punctuation and comprehension skills.
Lessons are provided for 1 Grammar or punctuation and 1 Spelling lesson per week for a year. The teacher is able to support and guide the children with the Grammar 5 Teacher’s Book.
Topics covered include:
- Revision of elements covered in The Grammar 1, 2, 3 & 4 Student Books
- Sentence Walls
- Simple and continuous tenses
- Contractions and the verb ‘to have’
- Adverb placement in sentences
- Prepositional phrases
- Compound subjects and objects
- Transitive and intransitive verbs
- The order of adjectives
- Adverbs of manner, degree & place, time & frequency
- Irregular plurals
- Antonyms and synonyms