Grammar 5 Teachers Book (In Print Letters)
by Christopher Jolly, Sue Lloyd, Sara Wernham · Jolly Learning
Designed to accompany the Grammar 5 Student Book, the Grammar 5 Teacher’s Book provides detailed lesson guidance for teaching spelling and grammar to children and follows on from the Grammar 4 Teacher’s Book.
The structured lesson guides in the Grammar 5 Teacher’s Book correspond to the activity pages in the Grammar 5 Student Book, and provide material for teaching 1 Spelling and 1 Grammar/Punctuation lesson per week for a year. Descriptions of grammar points are given and described in depth.
Plenty of teaching ideas and extension activities are also included.
Topics covered include:
- Homographs, homonyms and heteronyms
- Past participles
- Noun phrases as subjects and objects
- Sentence walls
- Simple, continuous and perfect tenses
- Phrasal verbs
- Prepositional phrases as adverbs
- Adverb placement
- Compound subjects and objects
- Adjective order
- Transitive and intransitive verbs
- Identifying verb tenses
- Prepositions and prepositional phrases
- Using a colon and bullet points in a list
- Parts of speech and parsing
- Adverbs of manner, degree, place, time and frequency
- And much more!